Washtenaw County Real Estate Assistance
Understanding the Ann Arbor Home Buying Process
Do you daydream about owning your first Ann Arbor home? Is your family feeling a little cramped and in serious need for a little extra “elbow room” for your growing family? If so, now just might be the perfect time to consider buying that first Ann Arbor home or move up to a larger Washtenaw County area home. Prior to finding your first or fifth home, condo or townhome, your Ann Arbor Realtors - The Bouma Group will...
- Meet with you to discuss your needs and desires.
- Educate you about the entire Ann Arbor real estate process.
- Ask you to fill out our "Home Buyer Questionnaire", to assist in defining your interests and needs.
- Explain Buyer Agency Relationship.
- Provide you with information about Washtenaw County area properties and sources of financing.
Upon the signing of a Buyer Agency Agreement, The Bouma Group will...
- Show you real estate properties, pointing out the strengths and weaknesses. Every local real estate market absolutely has its own trends and opportunities. This can vary greatly, even one neighborhood to the next. It's our job to steer you into opportunities and out of traps.
- Set you up on our "Buyer Instant Notification System", which will keep you informed of daily updates on newly listed properties that meet your needs.
- Ensure that we are constantly available to you for offers, questions, problems and details.
At the time of Offer, the Bouma Group will...
- Perform a market analysis of properties that you are interested in. What is the true market value of the home you are interested in? Is it priced too high? Is it a bargain that you should jump on? We help Ann Arbor home buyers make decisions like this every day and we'll make sure that you get the best value for your money.
- Disclose known facts about the area and property that could impact the value of the home you are considering. You should know absolutely everything about the property you are buying! You and a member of my team or I will view every home that you are interested in, together.
- Assist you in putting together an offer on the property. If you’re buying your first home understand this, negotiating with sellers can be stressful. We will help you negotiate, so that the final contract includes your best possible terms and conditions.
- Explain all real estate specific conditions and special clauses. Have confidence with signing documents. Contracts are full of complicated legal terms and clauses that can greatly affect your future life in your home. We will give you the full benefit of our extensive real estate knowledge and experience.
- Represent you in presenting the offer.
- Present the offer and handle negotiations until we have an agreement.
When we have a bottom-lined Contract, Your Ann Arbor Realtors, The Bouma Group will...
- Introduce you to service professionals you will need to complete your purchase, such as building inspectors, radon testing, termite inspectors, etc.
- Put you in touch with our Closing Manager - Becki Gersh, who will become your source of information and who will represent you through to closing. You can count on Becki to ensure all conditions are completed in a timely manner. Becki's sole responsibility is to provide world-class service for you the client throughout the closing process. You will benefit from Becki’s 14 years of valuable experience as you move through the closing process.
- You have our commitment to maintain open and timely communications with all parties including lenders, title companies, inspectors, etc.
- You can count on The Bouma Group to stay in touch and communicate with you on a regular basis.
- Accompany you to your final walk-through.
- Review closing papers for accuracy.
- Accompany you to closing.